Karma

How many times have I heard and read “I hope Karma kicks them in the ass”. I understand, I really do!! Some say we create, through effort, or Karma, our own futures. We cannot ‘wish’ enough for the Sociopath to get their Karma.

So how do you stop the obsessive thoughts about the ex? How do you stop focusing on them getting their Karma? You need to truly understand what Karma is…..”(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person’s actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences. Destiny or fate, following as effect from cause”. Now you know you cannot control the Sociopaths actions. Period. Nor can you predict the next set of verbal diarrhea out of their mouth full of false accusations, delusional lies, verbal assaults, or empty promises of ‘change’. You can, and should have control over your own thoughts and words, and actions.

Yes! You want Karma to come around and kick the Ex in the ass so you can watch their entire make-believe world come down around them. Yes! You want them to suffer the emotional pain you have. Yes! You want to expose them to the world on what a vile, manipulating piece of shit they are. Yes! You want their families to know that they are a Narcissistic Sociopath. You may even want the person they hooked up with next to know also. That borders on Revenge! And I don’t suggest that {disclaimer: even though I have wanted to do that myself 😉

The best way for the Ex to get their Karma, that YOU have control over, is not to let them see how they broke you! Think of the relationship and how much negative karma was involved! That was the Sociopath breaking you down with their vile Karma. So if you have to have contact, either directly or indirectly, do not give them any indication of how much damage they did to you. Think positive thoughts, get positive results. I’m not saying you can’t wish for their Karma to kick them in the ass. I’m saying instead of focusing on that, focus on “Ok, so you hurt me! You obliterated my world, now I’m going to show you just how strong I really am”……..and what that will do, in an indirect way, is give the Ex their Karma~ FROM YOU.  If they see you going on about life with a fake smile plastered on your face, or when dealing with them with an air of indifference, that is what get’s to them. Karma Equals Control! And we know how much they like to be in control!

How you treat me is your Karma, how I react is Mine         unknown

29 Responses to “Karma”

1. Karl

I have been living with one for the last 27 years! Smile, sing, play music, do anything that will annoy the cunts!!! It really gets to them!!! Can’t wait until the cunt dies!!!!!

2. Live and learn / Dewi

Tela, i wish to thank you for this great sight to help me and others to cope with our hf problems, xx Dewi

Ahhhh, thank you so much Dewi! Your words bring a 😀 to my face. If just one person has found a little solace from my site, then my education and personal experience has been worth it. ❤

3. kimberlyharding

I loved this!! It really made me think of how attached I was to these people at times. The best response is to give them their Karma from you!! That is great! I love this.

Thank you Kim. I always appreciate your kind words of wisdom. Your BLOG has ‘enlightened’, helped so many other’s who also have been or are, involved with a Narcissist. ❤

• kimberlyharding

I have to say you have been on my mind all night. I was asked to go to parent-teacher conferences today for my son by the teacher. SHe thinks I understand him really well. I know this will upset the bio mom as she hates me. But part of me now thinks, “I am her Karma”. 🙂 it may seem cheesy but it gives me a handle on an otherwise very stressful situation.

The egg donor aka bio-mom ‘hates’ you because you see her for what and who she really is. She has absolutely no control over what you do or say. And especially if she thinks you are talking to someone about her. And you most definitely are her Karma!!! Most defiantly. ❤

4. DogDharma

The flip side of wanting to nudge Karma in doing its thing is wishing to do something, anything, to wake up the psychopath to the error of her/his ways and to change for the better. This is, of course, what we dream of when we are still mired in the relationship and want the love-bombing phase to return (and of course, we want it for *ourselves* and not the replacement victim). I’ve now found there is a possible new phase, after the relationship is over, and after one clearly sees that revenge is not helpful or possible. Not for me, not for her next victim, but for the sake of Goodness in this world, and for the sake of her lost soul, may she come to see the damage and hurt she’s caused in so many lives. I won’t spend too much effort on it, but I guess it’s a reconciliation of sorts, and acceptance of what is and what happened, and all that is left is Moving Forward.

5. revgerry

Good morning, Tela. Am on vacation from freelancing and then cutting way back, which brings me back to loving to write and working on my sadly neglected blogs. and catching up with my WP friends.. Freelancing was a cul-de-sac that took me away from my purpose. Thought I’d look you up to see how you are doing. hugs gerry

Hello My Dear Fried Gerry!! Thank you so much for stopping by. I think of you often, and hope to see more post on your BLOG They have given me inspiration on those days when I haven’t felt much!! Lots of Love & Hugs to you!!! ❤

6. lifegoeson14

I have wished so many things on my ex and I wished that he would just drop dead so any times because then this would be all be over but all it does is make me angry and bitter and i don’t want to spend my life angry over how he has treat me so now I am trying to let it go and work on making my own life better which is easier said than done x

Yes! It is much easier said than done. But you have already taken the first step~the hardest one, which is getting the Sociopath out of your life. I know you have a ton of questions of ‘why’, or ‘how could he……’ maybe one day those answers will come, or they won’t. Take time each day to try and focus a positive thought on yourself. Even if it is just one thought! Hang in there! ❤

7. summertime52

Such a very true statement !!! Since ending my relationship with my sociopath I have made every effort to focus solely on rebuilding my life. A little bit each and every day and it is working. Whenever angry thoughts and feelings arise about the past I try to redirect my energy into something positive by reminding myself that I do not have to live that way ever again. That today I have choices. That now I am in control. I am not going to blame myself for everything that has occurred in the past 4 years of the relationship however I did play a part in it. He was an addiction to me. He was filling an empty void. I clung to him because something was missing so now instead of focusing on how he did me wrong I try to go back and focus on what was going in my life at that time. What was missing and how can fill this space with healthy, positive choices so that I do not repeat my mistakes. I did not love myself. He came along with all the charm and charisma that made me feel “good”. I need to work on feeling good about myself first so I do not seek this from anyone or anything. It has to come from the inside first. My recovery process is going to be a very selfish one but that’s ok because I gave so much of myself to him it’s time for just me. When I think about things this way and put it into this type of perspective I don’t have time to think about being revengeful because I honestly do not care about him anymore. I did that for more than 4 years. What he does now is all
    about him. I nearly lost it all, especially my sanity. I was a train wreck. Nothing is more important to me now than getting healthier mentally and emotionally. I refuse to allow him any more free space in my mind, even to “get even”. His day will come but not even that is my responsibility anymore. I just feel like if I were to even consider getting even that’s taking on the “responsibility” of him in another way and I’ve done my share. I’ve paid my dues. Now be gone, enough is enough. It’s all about me, repairing my life and moving on to bigger and better things. He’s not even worth the time for anything.

Thank you for this wonderful, encouraging comment!! I’m so very proud of how far you have come!! I especially like this “I refuse to allow him any more free space in my mind”! Your comment is perfect for all those going through what you have and how far you have come!! Thank you so much! ❤

8. Zara

Great article. Do you think however that the sociopath cares whether their ex partner is broken or not. My personal feeling is that once they’re done, they cut, run and never look back. I don’t feel it matters to them whether they’ve left you in a better place in life or in a worse.

Thank You Zara for your comment. In answer to your question, No, the Sociopath does not care whether your broken or not. Keep in mind, they lack the true compassion and the ability of reasoning {ie: I’m broken because you (____). They do not understand that}. It’s a constant forward motion for them. And when they do ‘hurt’ you either verbally/emotionally or physically, they have a way of justifying that horrific behaviour, which again, you will never be able to comprehend. That is why when they cut and run, you need to keep looking forward, because what was left behind is just painful memories.

9. LRB

I strive to create positive karma in my life and follow the belief that even deliberately “wishing bad karma” on someone is enough to tarnish my own karma. It’s the thought that counts, and wishing for something bad to happen to someone poisons your own intentions and reflects ill-will, which is not creating good karma! Recognizing that the other person has caused harm and acknowledging that they will have to reap the consequences through their own karma allows me to leave it up to forces bigger than myself. Better, as you say, to focus on creating positive in our own lives. It’s not easy and takes lots of practice, but it feels better and allows a shift from thinking about them to thinking about your own life and how you can make it a better place to be.

Thank you LRB for your comment. And yes, it is not easy and does take a lot of practice to focus on positive thinking. I agree, we need to leave the other person’s Karma up to ‘someone’ or some other ‘force’. ❤

• Scott Swallows

I sincerely believe that Spaths are not affected by Karma because they come from an evil place. I am also the victim of a female S. She did damage that can never be undone.

• vino4me

Hi Scott,
        Yes, the damage that my ex BF caused can never be undone and unless you have been with a Spath, you can’t even imagine the damage. To me, it is a whole different kind of ‘ break up ‘.
        As for Karma…..I believe in Karma. I also believe they are truly unhappy souls that will never be at peace within themselves. I look at my EX who was a step by step Spath. He did everything as Tela outlines. But, I believe and I HAVE TO FORCE MYSELF , to believe he is not at peace and he will never find love because he has no idea what that is. He goes from hooker to whore to a normal girl and dumps each one. He robbed me of my self worth and self respect and yet he doesn’t have it himself. I don’t know how long it’s been for you, mine happened end of April 2014 and I am just now feeling good about me. It’s the holidays and it sucks but nothing will be fake or forced…..especially when HE would say the dinner blessing….that just made me laugh.
        And you are not alone…..check out Pinterest and type in Sociopath. You are in very good company. Create a board and if it’s not a guy thing make a fake name.But….it helps you get the anger and rage out and it makes you see that you are not alone. There are GREAT QUOTES ….it helped me.
        My one board is Liar….Liar…Pants On Fire and the other is The Long And Winding Road Back To Me.

2015 will be a good year!

10. 18mitzvot

I cannot 100% see what is going on deep in someone else’s life, but I believe all of the narcissists truly are getting bitchslapped by their own behavior. They are miserably unhappy human beings. They are lonely. They are arrogant, hateful, covetous liars. What do they have in their life that is worth fighting for? They don’t love anyone. I would pity them if they weren’t so evil.

• Just Me

I totally agree. My ex is a sad soul. He has no real expression in his eyes. But, I smile and dance for I am coming out of my dark hole and I’m happy. I know one day his ‘ who-ha ‘ won’t go up, the women he has spent tons of money on will leave, and who will greet him… ” Hello Karma “. I don’t wish anything bad, just what he has coming.

I’m so happy your smiling and dancing!! ❤ It's a long road! Just remember, positive thoughts equal positive outcome!